BSA Annual Membership
BSA annual membership dues is required with application at sign-up. All youth through age 20 pay $98 for the year, all adult volunteers pay $78. NEW scouts pay an additional one-time processing fee of $25.
Returning scouts and leaders pay the same membership costs, and will receive an email notification approximately 90 days from renewal date. Renewals are now on a 12-month cycle from your registration date.
Troop 222 Annual Dues
We re-evaluate our dues amount every year. We just adjusted down to $125 per scout due Septmeber 15th, 2023. If you join after September 15th you will be asked to pay this as soon as possible.
Any dues paid after October 15th will have an additional $25 late fee.
We are always open to supporting a payment plan if needed.
Please do not hesitate to reach out and discuss.
Below is a summary of what is included in your scout's dues:
BSA MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES:
• National annual registration and membership with Scouts BSA
• Required supplemental insurance/council health insurance
TROOP DUES INCLUDES:
• Awards, rank advancement and insignia (including merit badges, rank patches, and parent rank pins), positions of responsibility patches, patrol patches, troop neckerchief, troop neckerchief slide and other troop-branded items, and other awards and insignia items
If your scout loses their neckerchief or slide, parents/guardians are responsible for replacement costs- these are a part of the uniform and should be taken care of. (Replacement neckerchiefs and slides are each $15).
• Troop storage facilities rental costs (camping and fundraising gear is stored when it is not in use)
• Annual and monthly Troop administrative costs: Troop website, site domain, recruiting costs, software fees, and other miscellaneous admin.
• Troop gear, new and replacement items as needed; wear and tear
• Klondike sled repairs and other Klondike City costs
• Costs for Klondike t-shirts and Summer Camp or other event t-shirts will now be an additional charge as their costs vary. If there is activity fee money left over in the prior quarter, the Troop will apply it to Klondike t-shirts.
• Other weekly activity/Troop meeting supplies, and patrol supplies
• Class B Troop t-shirt (one every two years. We are just starting to “resize scouts.” We ask that you turn-in used t-shirts for credit to your scout account. $5 Credits will be applied to their accounts.
• * AOLs crossing over receive a Scouts BSA Handbook, neckerchief and Troop neckerchief slide. If your scout crosses over in the Spring, and for any reason does not return in August, we ask you return the slide and handbook or pay for these items. Slides are $15 and handbooks are at the purchase price.
You can pay your dues via personal check, Venmo, or from your Scout Account.
• If paying by personal check, please make payable to: Scouts BSA Troop 222
• If paying by Venmo, please search @Troop222NC to find us, please ALWAYS comment your scout's name AND what you are paying for, and do not send under "business" or you will repay the fee.
• If paying by Scout Account, please email Christine and Ellen, or notify one of us to pull the funds from your Scout Account.
Quarterly Camping & Activity Fees $25/month for 2023-2024
Troop 222 collects $25 per month, $75 quarterly, activity fees prior to the start of the next quarter.
Camping sites have to be booked in advance and often have associated fees. Other activities also require advanced booking and upfront fees. Fees vary from quarter to quarter and activity to activity. We help the scouts plan and alternate higher-cost associated activities with alternating quarters, so the costs average out over the year. If your scout is unable to attend an event, and you provide enough notice for us to get a refund, we will pass that refund onto you and your scout whenever possible.
* If payment is not received prior to the first activity of the quarter, your scout will not participate. We do not have the means to cover scouts in advance.
Below is a summary of potential items included in quarterly activity fees:
State park or group campsite or cabin bookings, other scout camp bookings, group gear booking rentals, park entrance fees for planned hikes, or other similar fees
Troop groceries/meals associated with camping (menus planned by scouts)
Klondike annual registration (If funds have pooled over from previous quarter, sled t-shirts are paid for by the troop)
Canoe trip (or equipment-needed trip gear): rental mostly absorbed by activity fees; remaining costs require payment from families.
Gas for cars transporting scouts, leaders and gear for all trips
Activity fees do not cover MRE or other dehydrated meals when needed for backing trips. These are personal choices and purchases.
Activity fees do not cover the annual council-associated ski trip, or other jamborees. Summer camps and other high-adventure trips are also not covered by activity fees or annual dues.
The Troop Committee Chair and Treasurer are happy to discuss funds allocations and budget sheet if you ever have any questions regarding how funds are allocated and used.
You can pay your activity fees via personal check, Venmo or from your Scout Account.
If paying by personal check, please make payable to: Scouts BSA Troop 222
If paying by Venmo, please search @Troop222NC to find us, please ALWAYS comment your scout's name AND what you are paying for.
If paying by Scout Account, please email Christine and Ellen, or notify one of us to pull the funds from your Scout Account.